Introduction for tamariki / children to learn more about the monthly cycle of the maramataka, where you can begin to record
- what the moon phases are good for/ not good for
- what activities you did on these days
- what observations you made
- what your energy levels were
Please note this Journal is suitable for new learners / tamariki/ children - it follows Te Whānau ā Apanui, and this version is focused on the 8 key phases of the 30 night cycle.
- Measurements A5+ (148mm x 210mm)
- Perfect size to carry with you for daily observations.
- 44 pages x 100 gsm
- Lined pages within journal sections
- Soft bound cover to make it last
- FREE resources with purchase - 1 sticker sheet & Aratohu (Guide)
The Journal contents are;
- Maramataka Definition & User Guide
- He Tirohanga written by Haami Piripi
- Daily Marama (using Te Whānau ā Apanui maramataka) with focus on 8 key phases
- Journal & reflections pages to record observations
- Daily "Ihi" Energy scale & monthly Graph to review your energy levels over 8 key phases of the 30 night cycle
- Spaces to track Moon Rise & Set and Tides in colouŌku whakaaro / My Thoughts Page
Buy one - Give one
Hokona tētahi māramataka, ā, mā mātou tētahi e tākoha
For every maramataka journal purchased, we will give the same journal to Ngā Kitenga o te Maramataka to support the work done by Rereata Makiha and Rikki Solomon with rangatahi (youth) and kura kaupapa around the motu (country).
You can check out the amazing work they do in schools teaching rangatahi about the maramataka here.
Additional Information about the Maramataka
We have free resources available to assist your understanding of living with the maramataka. You can also check out our Ako/Learn page for details of upcoming workshops about the maramataka
So excited to take this step of follwoing Maramataka this year, and the Tuhi Maramataka Journal is perfect! Easy to follow, clear directions. Absolutely recommend.
Awesome way to get started with mahi - honoring matauranga maori alongside gregorian/western perceptions of time. PAI TO MAHI! Kia ora x
Wonderful, right size plenty of space for reflection and writing, and love the tables and graphic at the back to bring together the whole month. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.
Thank you for your wonderful response Jo. Really appreciate your feedback.
Although my purchase was the wrong purchase I still love my "nga Mata o te maramataka" straight forward easy guidelines and instructions will definitely purchase more items in the future.